Fall is always a very busy time for us.
We have season tickets to Mizzou football games, and try to attend as many as possible. The Hubs loves his Missouri Tigers, and I have grown very fond of Columbia (I mean it’s no Manhattan, KS – but the more I go, the more I love it just the same). There are definite places that I like to go before and after games; Les Bourgeois, Tropical Liquor, Booches (I want a t-shirt from there…). Football has not always been my thing.. but I enjoy it more today then I did, and the more I learn about it the more I enjoy watching it. I like listening to Mike Kelly do the play-by-plays.. he’s very good – and I love his voice!
There is just something amazingly charming about small college towns. There’s a true sense of community and everyone pretty much routes for the HOME team.. and college game days are the most fun! Restaurants are packed, the good ones anyway, everyone is happy and having fun. The name of the game is FUN on college football Saturdays. Hubs is always in such a wonderful mood! Needless to say, I look forward to football Saturdays. Hope the Captain loves them as much as we do – he kind of has no choice in the matter of attending, so hopefully he loves them!
So anyway, I have started a list of some things I would like to do to improve myself, my day-to-day life, and my home, in hopes of feeling more organized and energized (plus, saving money along the way would be the best feeling of all!) by the end of the year.
- Bring my lunch to work and walk with the girls (stop eating out all the time!)
- Sign up for a walk-a-thon of some sort
- Use the entertainment coupon book, groupons and muncharoos
- Sort out the details for Birds sprinkle (a baby shower – but small.. it’s for her 2nd child)
- Be a smarter shopper – when shopping online – shop through shop at home or ebates, use coupons!
- Purchase a few outfits for work that are, “for the position I want, not have” type outfits
- Lose weight (I mean seriously – it’s ridiculous!)
entry from garage
- Hang photos and paintings in:
The Captain’s room
- Dinner schedule (and stick to them for Pete’s sake!)
- GET THE LAUNDRY DONE!
- Start Christmas shopping/crafting by October 1
These all seem doable in the remaining 17 or so weeks left in this crazy year! Wait, 17 weeks! Holy cow!
It’s almost labor day – pack those white pants away and be safe on this “last weekend of summer!”