I love to cook. LOVE TO COOK! I love to be creative in the kitchen, and try new recipes.. Pinterest is great for this! I have tried so many many things from pins on Pinterest. What I need to do – is start doing more crafts from Pinterest – and expanding my wardrobe based on items I love from Pinterest.
Ok, so here are a few of my favorite new recipes.
Version 1: Vegetable
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, sliced
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375F. Place English muffins on a baking sheet lines with aluminum foil. Top with marinara sauce, bell pepper, olives and basil. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information per pizza: Calories: 130; Total fat: 4.5g Saturated fat: 2g; Carbohydrate: 16g; Protein: 7g; Sodium: 390mg
From Chocolate-Covered Kate
Cookie Dough Dip
Inspired by this awesome recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
- 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
- tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, it’ll have a very-slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so if you don’t want this, you can sub oil.)
- up to 1/4 cup milk of choice (Start with 1 T, and add more as needed)
- Sweetener (see note below, for amount)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- 2 to 3 T oats (or flaxmeal) (You can omit, but also omit the milk if you do)
Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor (not blender), and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.
I made this recipe for the Super Bowl – and it was a big hit! We all seemed to really love it!
From Deep South Dish
Recipe: Three Envelope Picante Roast
|Prep time: 5 min |Inactive time: 8 hours |||Yield: About 6 serving|
- 3 to 4 pound beef chuck roast (or other braising roast)
- 1 cup of water
- One envelope of dry onion soup mix
- One envelope of dry Italian dressing mix
- One envelope of dry brown gravy mix
- 1 (8 ounce) jar of Pace Original Mild Picante Sauce
Whisk together the water with ingredients from all 3 of the envelopes. Pour about 1/4 cup of the liquid on the bottom of the crockpot, place the roast on top. Don’t be tempted to season the roast. There is plenty of salt and other seasonings in these envelopes.
Pour the remaining liquid mixture all over the top and all around the roast. Pour the jar of picante sauce on top of the roast, cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high 4 to 5 hours.
To thicken gravy, remove the roast and tent with foil to keep warm. Carefully transfer the contents of the crockpot to a saucepan and stir in a slurry of one tablespoon of cornstarch with just enough water to loosen. Stir into the sauce, bring up to a boil, reduce and simmer until thickened.
- Turkey Burger
- Raspberry Balsamic Wilted Spinach with Panceta, Almonds, and Citrus Olive Oil
- Cottage Cheese
- 12 grapes