We had craft time today on our lunch break! I made this wreath in under an hour (barely, but still under) – and if I do say so myself.. I think it turned out AWESOME!
So, giving credit where credit is due.. I need to mention Mrs. Priss and her Felt Pom Pom thingamabobs.. If you don’t read her – you should. She’s so fun and creative. Also, her tutorial on the Wreath is here.
I have also been playing around with different recipes again, on Friday, I made Peanut Butter Bread.. it was sooo good. I purchased Honey Butter from Shatto and spread some jelly on it – OMG! It was delicious! I added in some Flaxseed (about 1 TSP) and some honey to improve the nutritional content.. also to sweeten it a little, and I am so glad I did! Here are some photos and the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour – I used Whole Wheat baking flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter – I used creamy
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the peanut butter until crumbly. Combine the egg, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in.loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.