There’s a website called Bucketlist
The urban dictionary defines it as a list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term “kicked the bucket”.
So what’s my bucket list? What are the things I want to do before I die.. it’s interesting to think about – most of the lists are 100 things or more.. but really, I don’t know if I have that many – here’s my list or the start of my list…
- Be completely debt free
- Go to Fiji
- Go to Europe
- Swim in the South Pacific
- Go back to Napa and spend more than 1 day
- Sit and enjoy Alex, watch him learn and grow – cherish these days
- See a major sporting event, ie Olympics, World Cup, NCAA Championship .. something
- See baseball games with Ray & Alex in historic stadiums – Fenway, Wrigley
- Make this blog somewhat of a success
- Own a business
- Be proud of my career and make Ray & Alex proud
- Be the best mom to Alex (and if God decides to bring another sweet baby into our lives)
- Be content with what I have.. know that God has a plan – no matter how hard that is to believe sometimes – it’s the truth.
So 12 things don’t seem like that much. There are little dreams or wishes that I have for my life and for Alex’s life – but I get hung up on stuff that doesn’t matter, stuff that takes time and energy away from those important things.
I also have a RIGHT NOW list..
- Make an extra $250/week with freelance jobs (or find a full time gig that pays more and gives benefits)
- Organize and decorate Alex’s room and our master room
- Take Alex on some summertime adventures – the lake, camping, etc.
- Get into shape
These things don’t seem hard either – but when you get down to it – it all revolves around being motivated. I am motivated right now to get into shape – for a number of reasons, that when I think about makes me cry – but motivated none the less.. I am motivated to figure out a way to make more money for my family, we’re fine – but I feel like we could be better – and I feel like my hubs works his butt off – and I could sure lose some of my butt – and work a little harder as well!
I am fearful that Alex will struggle with proper eating and finances like I have my whole life – I don’t want that for him. I want to teach him and somehow make him see the importance of doing things different then how I did them. I am lucky to have married a man that has an unbelievable work ethic.. I hope Alex learns that from him! For sure there are things that I hope Alex gets from me.. I’m not a total mess – but it’s easier to see the positive things in Ray and those I hope Alex gets from him.
All for now.. I will be updating on how the freelance stuff is going.. below are some newer items I have recently designed. Please be sure to recommend me if you know anyone needing baby announcements, wedding stationary, birthday party invites, menus, business cards or logo design!