Seriously, it’s my favorite subject.
- I love to eat
- I love to drink
- I love to be social
- and most importantly, I love to be in the “know”
My favorite restaurants in KC:
- Blue Bird Bistro
- Waldo Pizza
- Oklahoma Joes
- Osteria Il Centro
My favorite coffee shops in KC (I LOVE COFFEE):
- Mildred’s Coffee House
- The Roasterie Cafe (B-Side is the best)
- Coffee Girls in Waldo
- Broadway Cafe
My favorite downtown/midtown lunch spots (oh, how I miss these):
- Westport Flea Market
- Lulu’s Noodles
- Room 39
- Saigon 39 (I might miss you the most)
Places I’d most like to go:
- The American Restaurant (can you believe I’ve never been??)
- Captial Grill (yep..it’s a chain)
- EBT (I hear there’s a good happy hour)
- Justus Drugstore
I would love to start a restaurant blog, I’d call it. EAT! or Go Forth and EAT! or A girl, A boy & A cow (walk into a restaurant..).. I don’t know what I’d call it – but it’s fun to think about. We just don’t go out as much anymore, and I’d want to s. But there are some really great ones that I read, religiously. Here are my top reads:
- Eat it KC is the newest that I have found. I really love her pics of meals, and restaurants – and the blog is beautifully designed.
- I have been reading, Making of a Foodie, for a few years. She’s lovely and explores her pallet and gives her suggestions on where to eat.
- I still “follow”, KC Napkins, however he hasn’t updated it since early last year – so I am thinking after a few years of him writing, he’s done. But it’s still a good resource for reviews on restaurants – old and new.
- The Kansas City Star started a new blog called, Chow Town, it’s a blog by a newspaper – but still an interesting read.
- Missy Roe’s, The Perfect Bite: KC, is also a great read. She travels and blogs about great restaurants she eats at when she’s not in KC. But for the most part she tries an eclectic array of restaurants around town – and talks about them like she’s talking to her best friends. It’s very easy to read, and I find that I agree with a lot of her reviews.
Are there restaurants that you love, that you want to try? Know any food blogs that we JUST have to check out? Let us know!